Halloween safety is top of mind. It’s that time of the year again. The weather is finally cooling down, the houses are getting decorated, pumpkins being carved and kids are getting their Halloween costumes ready. We have a few Halloween safety tips to make sure that the memories made on this day are nothing but happy:
- Always trick-or-treat in groups if not accompanied by an adult.
- Remind children to never go inside a stranger’s home for candy.
- Teach children not to approach a stranger’s car.
- Only approach well-lit homes where porch or exterior lights are on.
- Make sure at least one child has a
cellphoneand that emergency numbers are programmed and easy to access.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats and never eat anything homemade from strangers.
- Examine all candy for choking hazards and tampering before allowing children to eat.
- Be cautious around pets and other animals as they may be frightened by costumes.
- Take a photo of children in their costumes before trick or treating; this will help law enforcement should your child become separated.
- Make sure masks or head coverings do not hinder eyesight or breathing.
- Try to wear light-colored costumes or add reflective tape to dark clothing.
- Have children carry glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen.
- Report any and all suspicious activity or persons to law enforcement immediately.
Halloween Safety is Year-Round
Keeping your children safe does not end on November
This article is a service of Natalya S. Evans, Personal Family Lawyer®. We don’t just draft documents, we ensure you make informed and empowered decisions about life and beyond, for yourself and the people you love. In addition to helping families stay out of court through their divorce process, we also assist our clients with preparing proper estate plans, properly naming guardians, and planning for the future of their children and their family. We offer Family Wealth Planning Sessions, ™ during which you will get more financially organized than you’ve ever been before and make all the best choices for the people you love. You can begin by calling or emailing our office (Support@YourFamily.Legal) today to schedule a Family Wealth Planning Session and mention this article to find out how to get this $750 session at no charge.